Last Updated on
Have you heard the news? Girl Scouts and JOANN stores have teamed up to inspire girls, troops, and volunteers to explore their individual creativity and use it to make a positive influence in the world by offering a 15% discount to Girl Scout members, lifetime members, volunteers, council staff, and parents.
I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for this program – I’m already thinking about all the projects my troop is going to work on this year… troop t-shirts for Golden Gate Bridging! Fall Sale booth decorations! Posters for our park clean-up event! And the list goes on.
Today, I’m super excited to share with you everything there is to know about the JOANN Girl Scout loyalty program so that you, too, can inspire creativity within your troop. Let’s dive in, shall we?
The Perks: Empowering Her Creative Genius Has Never Been Easier
- Use your loyalty card to receive a 15% discount on your purchases. Every purchase. Every day of the year. In-store and online. What could be better?
- Attend the special Girl Scout events at your neighborhood store, where you can work on badge requirements and awesome art projects, such as designing your very own sit-upon. It’s the perfect opportunity to have the best Girl Scout meeting ever (except you don’t have to plan a thing).
- Host your troop meetings in your JOANN store’s classrooms – it’s an ideal space to plan your next travel adventure, work on a Journey award, or build a head-turning cookie booth.
- During Girl Scout Cookie season, reach new customer markets by setting up a cookie booth in front of your local store – craft supplies and Girl Scout Cookies are the ultimate power couple, after all.
How to Sign Up for the Reward Program
If you’re ready to get started, just head on over to www.joann.com/girlscouts to sign up for your very own loyalty card, which will be delivered straight to your inbox.
Need help with your membership perks?
GSNorCal members can review this brief FAQ and contact our local JOANN store’s district manager, Dave Smith, for one-on-one support!
Yes, that’s really all there is to it: sign up, shop, and save. Just another way you can help your girls unleash their inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader), take on creative challenges, and accomplish amazing things this year. Happy crafting!
- Ready to start creating your SWAPS for an upcoming event? Check out our SWAPS Inspiration series on The Trailhead!
- Girl Scouts love a great STEM project! Take a look at our STEM Projects for Kids Pinterest board, where you can find tons of simple options that can be powered by supplies from your JOANN store.
- Learn more about the JOANN + Girl Scout partnership in this quick video: JOANN proudly supports Girl Scouts
Marissa Vessels—Marissa is a lifelong Girl Scout, Gold Awardee, and Marketing Manager at Girl Scout of Northern California. Though she’s originally from Southern California (Yay, Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council!), she moved to the East Bay to attend UC Berkeley and never looked back. One of her favorite things about Girl Scouting in the Bay Area is all the incredible hiking and camping options available to girls who love to explore the outdoors!